SwitchMed is happy to announce TheSwitchers.org platform is available!
If you’re working in the field of Green Entrepreneurship, it’s for you!
This brand new tool was developed by the Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) within the framework of the SwitchMed programme to enable interactions among entrepreneurs, business providers, mentors and financial institutions willing to develop novel business models in the field of Green and Circular Economy.
TheSwitchers.org is a virtual business ecosystem used by key players to find their own path to salient aspects of the Switchers Support Programme’s service offer:
• Circular and Green Entrepreneurs have access to free and virtualized support services to create and enhance their sustainable businesses, with or without the assistance of a mentor, funding opportunities and they can exchange with a community of like-minded eco-innovators.
• Business Support Organizations (BSOs) benefit from a complete suite to launch and manage business opportunities such as calls for applications, awards and trainings. They are able to create and track trainings and mentoring groups, assign mentors and monitor performance of supported entrepreneurs.
• Mentors and Experts are in a position to manage and deliver technical assistance to entrepreneurs and enterprises, in an intuitive and productive way.
• Financial Institutions are offered a dedicated dash-board to scout investment opportunities. They have access to key financial data and interact directly with hosted entrepreneurs and enterprises.
• Decision-makers can use the platform as a space to find state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices on Sustainable and Circular Economy policies.
• Corporate buyers and final consumers have access to leading edge eco-innovation made available by more than 400 entrepreneurs, start-ups and civil society initiatives, building the Switchers Community.
TheSwitchers.org platform is particularly innovative thanks to the unique set of methodologies and tools for sustainable business development it offers through its Toolbox. SCP/RAC started designing and digitalising green business support methodologies during the first phase of SwitchMed in order to make these tools accessible to the wider audience, thus promoting sustainable entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean region and beyond.
In addition to this Toolbox, TheSwitchers.org also hosts:
– The SwitchersFund: the platform providing and facilitating direct funding and business support services to existing and future green, circular and social entrepreneurs in the Mediterranean Region;
– The Switchers Community website: the virtual place where entrepreneurs who share a common passion for the environment can meet;
– In the months to come, TheSwitchers.org will display a fourth section, the Policy Hub, which will enable the users to learn about and keep abreast of enabling policies for sustainable businesses in the Mediterranean.
A virtual event dedicated to the presentation of this new platform and putting special emphasis on the Toolbox will be held on the 28th of April. Experts will make a demonstration of its different tools while participants will have the opportunity to directly interact asking their questions. More information in the days to come on our social networks.
20/02/2024 · START-UPS AND ENTREPRENEURS
In the dynamic landscape of business development, the Business Development Center (BDC) stands as a beacon of innovation and sustainability. Partnered with MedWaves within the framework of the SwitchMed green initiative funded by the EU, and serving as the lead partner in Jordan, BDC actively implements and shapes the future of sustainable businesses in the region with Syrian Refugees See more
21/12/2023 · START-UPS AND ENTREPRENEURS
A significant highlight of the event was the presentation of findings from a joint study involving the Business Development Center, the Jordan Green Building Council, and MedWaves. The study focused on the challenges and opportunities within the blue economy in the Gulf of Aqaba and the Dead Sea. See more
16/11/2023 · START-UPS AND ENTREPRENEURS
The dynamic collaboration between the German Jordanian University (GJU) and the Business Development Center (BDC) within the framework of the SwitchMed Project is an inspiring demonstration to their joint dedication to nurturing entrepreneurship and sustainable business practices in Jordan. See more
22/09/2023 · START-UPS AND ENTREPRENEURS
The incubation phase has officially commenced in Palestine for four promising projects selected by the jury during a pitching event held on March 20, 2023. During this event, the blue entrepreneurs behind the pre-selected 25 best business ideas unveiled their Blue Business Models, which they had developed over the preceding months within the framework of the Switchers Support Programme. See more