The call for applications to the second edition of the Mediterranean Sustainability Award (WeMed) received a total of 62 submissions from textile and fashion entrepreneurs.
The Mediterranean Sustainability Award 2022 (WeMed) closed its applications period with great news. After a short deadline extension, a total of 62 applicants submitted their projects for the second edition of the award. From this amount, 23 came from Northern and 39 from Southern countries in the Mediterranean area.
In this sense, the WeMed Award opens now the evaluation process for the Jury Members to select the top-scored projects that will win the 20.000€ and 10.000€ vouchers in each category.
Who makes up the 2022 WeMed Award Jury?
The WeMed Jury is made up of six international experts on green and circular economy entrepreneurship in the textile and clothing industry.
The Jury members are:
– Maya Karkour, Environmental and Circular Economy Specialist and the Managing Director of EcoConsulting and the Circular Hub, based in Lebanon.
– Mohamed Ibrahim, International Consultant for EC Procedures, Grant Management and Expert in Entrepreneurship, based in Egypt.
– Anna Ibáñez, Project Manager at MedWaves. She coordinates the STAND Up! project, based in Spain.
– Roberta Pecci, Textile Entrepreneur, in charge of Pecci Filati and Filati Naturali in Prato, based in Italy.
– Rim Zouaidi, Textile Engineer and Consultant in the Textile sector. She works at CETTEX, based in Tunisia
– David Allo, Head of Sustainability at the Textile Industry Confederation in Spain (TEXFOR), based in Spain.
You can find out more about their experience and prestigious institutions in the WeMed Award website, on the dedicated section.
What is the WeMed evaluation process?
First of all, the WeMed Award Secretariat, MedWaves, the UNEP/MAP Regional Activity Centre for SCP, will do a first screening to identify applications that meet all the required eligibility criteria. Then, MedWaves team will do an in-depth evaluation of all pre-selected applications based on detailed evaluation criteria for each category (Northern and Southern Mediterranean countries).
Based on the number of points obtained, the top-scored applications from each category will be selected as finalists and will be submitted to the WeMed Award Jury. The Jury Members will assess the applications separately and then will meet during the first half of November to select the final winners of each category together. The names will be announced at the WeMed Award Ceremony that will take place on the 21st of November in Barcelona. You can subscribe to the WeMed Award newsletter to stay updated on the upcoming news about the award.
25/11/2022 · NETWORKING FACILITY
The 2022 edition was organized in Italy within the framework of Ecomondo. More than 167 participants attended the in-person event. See more
14/11/2022 · NETWORKING FACILITY
The Awards Ceremony will be held at Sant Pau Recinte Modernista, in Barcelona, where the 4 winners will be announced See more
21/10/2022 · NETWORKING FACILITY
SwitchMed Connect is organized this year in Rimini, Italy. It will conclude with the #EYESONBLUE award ceremony. See more