The call for applications of the WeMed Mediterranean Sustainability Award closed yesterday. The evaluation process carried out by the Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) has just started.
• Who are the 2021 WeMed Award Jury Members?
The WeMed Jury consists of seven international experts on green and circular economy entrepreneurship, policies and financing. The Jury members are:
1. Ms. Jihen Boutiba, the General Secretary of the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED), based in Tunis.
2. Ms. Zoé Luçon, Senior expert in sustainable investment and impact measurement at ANIMA Investment Network and THE NEXT SOCIETY, based in Marseille.
3. Mr. Ramon Farreny, Circular Economy and Green Entrepreneurship specialist at Inèdit, a strategical eco-innovation studio working towards the transition to a smart, prosperous and sustainable future, based in Barcelona.
4. Dr. Mounir Temmam, Senior expert in evaluation of public policies in the environmental field at Enviro Consulting International, based in Rabat.
5. Ms. Maya Karkour, Environmental and Circular Economy Specialist at EcoConsulting and the Circular Hub, based in Beirut.
6. Mr. Giorgio Mosangini, Team Leader of the Green Entrepreneurship & Civil Society Area at SCP/RAC.
7. Ms. Pilar Chiva, Head of the Circular Economy Area at the Waste Agency of Catalonia, considered a reference in waste prevention and management and the promotion of circular economy, based in Barcelona.
You can find out more about their experience and prestigious institutions in the Jury section of the WeMed Award website.
• How does the WeMed evaluation process work?
First of all, the WeMed Award Secretariat, SCP/RAC, will do a first screening to identify applications that meet all the required eligibility criteria. Then, the SCP/RAC team will do an in-depth evaluation of all pre-selected applications based on detailed evaluation criteria for each category (in particular, the environmental, social and economic impact of Sustainable Business Models and the performance monitoring, sustainable funding and participatory approach of Public Authorities initiatives).
Based on the number of points obtained, the top 10 applications from each category (A.1 Early Stage Business Models, A.2 Growth Stage Business Models and B. Public Authorities) will be selected as finalists and will be submitted to the WeMed Award Jury. The Jury Members will assess the applications separately and then will meet during the first half of September to select the final winners of each category together. The names will be announced at the WeMed Award Ceremony that will take place in October 2021. You can subscribe to the WeMed Award newsletter to stay updated on the final date of the Ceremony.
22/09/2022 · POLICY
These maps give users more information about the progress made by each country in terms of SCP. See more
13/07/2022 · POLICY
We invite all interested users to participate in a short survey to contribute to the development of the Hub until the 18th of July 2022. See more
17/06/2022 · POLICY
MedWaves and CPMR are launching a new report to describe the state of play in the development of circular economy in selected sectors of the Blue Economy in the Mediterranean. See more
03/06/2022 · POLICY
Green Fashion, Fabric AID and the JREEEF were the 3 winners of the first edition of the WeMed Award. Discover what the prizes enabled them to do. See more