The call for applications of the WeMed Mediterranean Sustainability Award closed yesterday. The evaluation process carried out by the Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) has just started.
• Who are the 2021 WeMed Award Jury Members?
The WeMed Jury consists of seven international experts on green and circular economy entrepreneurship, policies and financing. The Jury members are:
1. Ms. Jihen Boutiba, the General Secretary of the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED), based in Tunis.
2. Ms. Zoé Luçon, Senior expert in sustainable investment and impact measurement at ANIMA Investment Network and THE NEXT SOCIETY, based in Marseille.
3. Mr. Ramon Farreny, Circular Economy and Green Entrepreneurship specialist at Inèdit, a strategical eco-innovation studio working towards the transition to a smart, prosperous and sustainable future, based in Barcelona.
4. Dr. Mounir Temmam, Senior expert in evaluation of public policies in the environmental field at Enviro Consulting International, based in Rabat.
5. Ms. Maya Karkour, Environmental and Circular Economy Specialist at EcoConsulting and the Circular Hub, based in Beirut.
6. Mr. Giorgio Mosangini, Team Leader of the Green Entrepreneurship & Civil Society Area at SCP/RAC.
7. Ms. Pilar Chiva, Head of the Circular Economy Area at the Waste Agency of Catalonia, considered a reference in waste prevention and management and the promotion of circular economy, based in Barcelona.
You can find out more about their experience and prestigious institutions in the Jury section of the WeMed Award website.
• How does the WeMed evaluation process work?
First of all, the WeMed Award Secretariat, SCP/RAC, will do a first screening to identify applications that meet all the required eligibility criteria. Then, the SCP/RAC team will do an in-depth evaluation of all pre-selected applications based on detailed evaluation criteria for each category (in particular, the environmental, social and economic impact of Sustainable Business Models and the performance monitoring, sustainable funding and participatory approach of Public Authorities initiatives).
Based on the number of points obtained, the top 10 applications from each category (A.1 Early Stage Business Models, A.2 Growth Stage Business Models and B. Public Authorities) will be selected as finalists and will be submitted to the WeMed Award Jury. The Jury Members will assess the applications separately and then will meet during the first half of September to select the final winners of each category together. The names will be announced at the WeMed Award Ceremony that will take place in October 2021. You can subscribe to the WeMed Award newsletter to stay updated on the final date of the Ceremony.
17/10/2023 · POLICY
The transition towards sustainable packaging solutions is more critical than ever. With this in mind, the Euro-Med Weeks for Waste Reduction (EMWWR) returns in 2023 for its second edition, laser-focused on the theme of "Packaging." By focusing on packaging, EMWWR aims to empower individuals, businesses, and communities to come together and drive the shift towards a circular economy. See more
28/09/2023 · POLICY
The WeMed Awards Ceremony is on the horizon, ready to recognize and celebrate pioneers in sustainable development See more
17/07/2023 · POLICY
The call is open between 17th July and 4th September. Green entrepreneurs/start-ups and Business Support Organizations that have a clear focus and mission aligned with the Green Business Support; Circular Economy, eco-innovative entrepreneurship field are invited to prepare and send their applications now! See more
13/06/2023 · POLICY
The annual EWWR Awards Ceremony took place on 1 June in Dublin and revealed the names of the most outstanding awareness-raising actions on waste reduction implemented in November 2022. The ceremony welcomed 70 participants in the hall and nearly 50 participants who followed the ceremony online, celebrating the European Week for Waste Reduction. See more